Nov 25, 2010

Little Missy


About 6 or 7 years ago, my mother on the very rare occasion let me adopt pet. I got a kitten named Little Missy. Little did I know she would become an interesting character.

My cat's daily routine begins with an early start. Having stayed in my room at night, my daddy lets her out while I  still sleep. She immediately starts scolding everyone with her raspy meow that sounds like an old woman. Little Missy loves attention and will work for it. My dad is not one to relate to animals, so he takes her need for attention as bothersome. Everywhere you walk, she will be there. With my dad's heavy step, it also startles her if he gets close. This causes her to scramble to get a footing to run away. She actually runs in place before she goes anywhere, just like a cartoon. I have no idea why she likes to get under your feet if it scares her so. The only theory I have is being where everything happens.

When everyone leaves, she then goes to one of her three resting spots: My parents' bed, My mother's couch spot, or at the top of our beige sitting chair. Nap time takes place. This lasts until someone comes home.

After we get home, she is there to greet us, still as vocal as ever. After dinner, my mother always goes to her spot on the couch and gets on her computer. I believe this is Little Missy's favorite time of the day. She then goes and lays down beside her. I know the reason is because my mommy is hot all the time. I think it's cozy for her to lay beside the warmth. She will then nap some more if no commotion occurs until it is time for me to go to bed, where she will return to my room to complete the day.

I find that she is the most intersting beings to watch. She is extremely vocal, and will warm up to anyone who has a gentle quality. This is the best kind of cat, I believe, because she is good company for everyone. She has a simple life and finds the good side of everything. I should learn how to be more like her.

2 comments:

  1. It is true....I am always hot. And, it is also true, she is the best kind of cat.

    ReplyDelete